The QA Lead functions well within their technical team at the BounceX Engineering department and is seen as highly competent as a Quality Coach and as a QA subject matter expert with a proven history of hands-on software / product quality assurance testing experience. The candidate has to be very comfortable with scripting and writing basic code as a tester, not as a software developer. The QA Lead works effectively with development peers and influences their approach to testing and quality. The focus of this role is primarily on defect prevention versus detection, and quality process improvements in Agile software delivery. This role executes on manual and automated testing plans and can resolve a wide array of issues.
- Provide input for User Story Acceptance Criteria, review & approve Acceptance Criteria as a group with the Product Owner and the Product Engineer who will work on a user story.
- Write and execute stepwise test cases and exploratory test charters that verify that the user stories’ acceptance criteria are met.
- Manage all written test cases in a test case repository (e.g. test case management platform).
- Working with the entire Agile team (Product Engineers, Product Managers, QA Automation, DevOps, and InfoSec) to ensure that we are delivering the highest quality software we can, with an emphasis on improved quality processes and engineering flow
- Submit quality reports, statistical reviews and relevant documentation
- Coordinate regression, system, integration, and API/web services testing with Product Engineering and QA automation engineering teams.
- Must have significant hands-on experience (7+ years) working in an Agile, DevOps, TDD, BDD environment, and a strong understanding of the SDLC and STLC process.
- Experience executing and troubleshooting Selenium test scripts or using other functional QA test automation tools (HP UFT, Tosca) is preferred.
- Preferably has Professional Scrum Master (PSM) or Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) certification
- Strong SaaS, web, cloud provider (AWS, GCP, etc.), and/or client-server technology experience
- Experience in manual testing of client Web & GUI applications preferred.
- Extensive experience testing enterprise level integrated applications preferred.
- Some experience working with data and API testing tools such as Postman, SoapUI, or REST-Assured.
- Some experience with advanced SQL query techniques. Ability to create SQL joins between multiple tables to gather and verify data.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and teamwork skills.
- Prior experience working in a DevOps environment leveraging Agile tools such as Jira, Confluence, and etc.
BounceX is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
JOIN US ON OUR MISSION
BounceX is a global marketing technology company that has been recognized as a best place to work by Glassdoor and Crain’s, and one of America’s fastest-growing SaaS companies.
More than 300 companies including JetBlue, Uniqlo, HelloFresh, and Comcast use BounceX to orchestrate real-time, multichannel marketing programs customized for every individual web visitor.
With offices in New York City and London, BounceX is built on the belief that the success of a company is rooted in the strength of its team, so we’ve created a collaborative, inclusive environment where people love coming to work.
We provide career coaching, growth and development opportunities, and benefits that are in the 95th percentile of all technology companies. Some highlights include excellent healthcare that starts day one, best-in-class fully paid family leave, 401(k) match, flexible work hours, and more.
What bonds our community together is our commitment to 5 Core Values:
- Come Hungry
- Carry Each Other
- Drive Undeniable Performance
- Respect People, Privacy, Ideas
- Bounce Back
Come join us on our mission.